Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oatmeal Cave

My office is in some serious need of sprucing up.  I have yet to paint the walls or decorate it in any way, shape or form.  The builders grade paint and light fixture are starting to depress me.  So, I'm on a mission to spruce it up.  I have neither the time, nor the patience, to start painting it at this point (that would be a nice deployment project), so I decided to make some fabric wall art.  I came across this project awhile ago and loved the idea!  I was always too afraid to try it, but little did I know how easy it would be.  I think I spent more time picking out a fabric than actually putting it together.  I decided to hit up the local "fine fabric" store to get some Amy Butler fabric.  I LOVE her stuff.  I picked 2 patterns from her "Love" collection.  I've made one wall hanging fairly quickly (the one shown) but am working on make the 2nd one just a little more interesting.  Landon told me today that he should get some stock in Hobby Lobby/Michaels/Joann Fabrics as I seem to be there on a fairly consistent basis.




P.S.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Photoshop?  I am nowhere near mastering this beast of a program, but did a 30 day free trial to see if it is something I'd like to purchase.  Needless to say, it's on my Christmas list.  My first project - a cheesball birthday card for my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment