Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

At the urging of a friend on Facebook, and to better be able to show things that I am working on, I decided to start a crafting blog.  I started to get into sewing back in the fall of 2008.  I really love to create things and to teach myself how to do new things.  Thanks to the advent of things like the internet, youtube, etc. you really have a limitless world in gathering skills, ideas, etc.  (I had to use youtube to show me how to thread my sewing machine when I first got it).  I started with a few sewing projects, which I will showcase, and have moved on to different things.  I set up a store in Etsy and was even successful in selling a few things!  I'm hoping that by getting my blog out there, I can be successful in selling more and ultimately fund my "habit."  And truthfully, there are only so many candles and pillow covers that I can make for myself!  So, I'd love to make things for other people, if given the chance.

My husband has been deployed for the past month and it has certainly given me some time to dust off that sewing machine and get back into business.  So here is my attempt to show what I am working on.  If you are interested in any of these items, please contact me and I will let you know what I can do for you  :)

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment