Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love pillows!


I FINALLY made some new pillow covers for my couches. I found some awesome fabric while I was out shopping and decided it was time for an update. I love the nautical print as it adds a lot of color to my very beige sofa, very beige carpet and very beige walls. The soft corduroy on the back is a nice soft place to lay your head when you are catching up on all your reality...err, the news. Also, this was my first attempt at inserting a zipper. I had made envelope pillows before, but I really wanted to be able to use both side of the pillows - especially since I loved both of the fabrics. A friend of mine had me so freaked out about zippers for so long that I was afraid to even try. But thanks to YouTube (the greatest sewing teacher ever), I succeeded :) I certainly bought way more fabric than I needed for these, so if anyone is in the market for a nautical pillowcover (come on, I know you all are) let me know!

1 comment:

  1. truthfully...how hard was it to make these? we bought new couches and i'm struggling to find pillows like.

    ReplyDelete