Thursday, October 28, 2010

Candles...finally!




So, I finally got up the guts to create my own soy candles. I have a candle burning somewhere in my house about 99% of the time. I used to buy these awesome soy candles from a friend at a previous duty station, but alas, we have since parted ways as we both live in different states now. I decided it was time to to finally start making my own. I picked up just a few supplies at the local hobby shop to see if it were something that I could do somewhat successfully - and I can't believe how easy it was! The best part is picking out the scents as well as finding some fun containers to put them in. If anyone is interested in treating themselves or a friend to an awesome little gift, I'd be happy to oblige. Above are some of the containers that I have for future skills, but the sky is pretty much the limit on this one! Also, I will be tracking down the awesome Christmas Tree scent that my friend used in order to get some great smelling Christmas candles :)

P.S. You can see how thrilled Anthony gets when I am on a crafting binge...

No comments:

Post a Comment