Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day T-shirt

Well, it's yet another rainy day here in Florida, so it is the perfect time to work on some projects!  I picked up a white t-shirt at the store yesterday and decided to make a Valentine's Day T-shirt out of it.  It is a bit of a challenge to come up with something for a boy that's not super cutesy/girly.  I remember seeing this sculpture of the word "Love," and after a few minutes of googling, I found it!  (It's by Robert Indiana FYI).  I decided to mix it up a little and applique the words in felt, but I think I might head back to the store and get a red t-shirt and paint them on in white as well.  I really love the way it came out!  Granted, I didn't take the time to put a backing on it and iron it on, then stitch it...so some of my stitches are a little off.  But that's ok, I think it will be a great shirt to wear even past Valentine's Day! 

Note:  The version of "All You Need Is Love" from the movie "Love Actually" was literally playing in my head the entire time I was making this.


1 comment:

  1. this is so cute and it looks like he LOVES it too! beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete